- This event has passed.
NORTHERN IRELAND HIKING & ENJOYING THE “CRAIC” TRIP
December 27, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - January 1, 2017 @ 12:00 pmFree
Organiser – Rick & Richie
Where – Northern Ireland, Belfast, Mournes, North Antrim Coast, Sightseeing, Dublin Day Trip and staying at Harpers Boutique Bed & Breakfast, 121 University Street, Belfast BT71HP, Northern Ireland
When – 27th December 2016 – 1st January 2017 (Tue-Sun)
Cost – £499.00 (includes 5 nights shared accommodation in luxury B&B with breakfasts, packed lunches (self help), guided walks on 3 days, Belfast City Tour, train travel for day trip to Dublin or Titanic experience ticket plus evening meal and entertainment on New years Eve in Belfast venue). Please note it is attendees responsibility to make their own travel arrangements to get to Belfast (Flights currently priced at £114 Ryanair LGW-BFS, £98-£120 Easyjet LGW/STN-BFS, £148 BA LHR-BHD)
CRAIC – is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland!
Harpers Boutique Bed & Breakfast
See our reviews on TripAdvisor: Google “TripAdvisor Harpers Belfast”
For this 6 DAY/5 NIGHT TRIP we will be visiting Northern Ireland to hike several fantastic routes comprising the Mountains of Mourne, the gorgeous North Antrim Coast and the Glens of Antrim. In addition we shall be visiting famous landmarks such as the Giants Causeway, Dunluce Castle as well as the sights and sounds of Belfast and Dublin (Day Trip optional) cities. Our accommodation is the award winning Harpers Boutique B&B which offers luxe accommodation in a restored grand victorian townhouse situated in Belfast’s lively Queen’s Quarter a short walk from vibrant nightlife and restaurants. The trip culminates on New Years Eve with a hike to accomplish the summit of Slieve Donard (NI’s highest peak) and then an evening at one of Belfast’s venues welcoming in the New Year with a festive meal and entertainment till the wee hours.
- Day 1 – Tuesday 27th December: Arrive into either of Belfast’s 2 airports (Belfast City/Belfast International), met and transported to Harpers. For those arriving by early afternoon there will be a city bus tour laid on to navigate some of Belfast’s historic sights. Later that evening we can organise a group booking at a local eatery.
- Day 2 – Wednesday 28th December: Early start for a hearty Harpers “Ulster Fry” (or light breakfast if you prefer) to travel to Newcastle in County Down where the Mountains of Mourne meet the sea for hike taking in several of the highest peaks in the range and if the weather is right views all the way to Scotland to the east and Dublin to the south.
- Day 3 – Thursday 29th December: After breakfast we will travel north to the county of Antrim to hike the beautiful north Antrim coastal route, taking in sights such as Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge (we park by it and can be viewed however time limits will prevent us from crossing the bridge), Giants Causeway, Dunluce Castle as well as quaint harbour ports and villages along the route.
- Day 4 – Friday 30th December: Today is all about cultural delights. Either take the train to Dublin for a day visit (train ticket price included) or remain in Belfast and take some time out exploring the city and its many attractions such as the world famous Titanic Experience (ticket price included).
- Day 5 – Saturday 31st December: First the challenge, Slieve Donard Northern Irelands highest peak. So back to Newcastle and The Mournes to focus on gaining this summit for the ultimate New Years day achievement! Early afternoon back to Harpers and following a late lunch its all about preparing to welcome in the New Year later that night as we all party the night away at a local venue (location tbc) for a festive meal and entertainment until the wee small hours (ticket included).
- Day 6 – Sunday 1st January 2017: After a late brunch transport will be provided to the local airports for departure back to Blighty!
Note: Suggested flight day/times are London to Belfast Tuesday 27th December early morning to early afternoon. Belfast to London Sunday 1st January 2017 late morning to late afternoon.